Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

I know it has been a couple of days but I am finally posting some Halloween pictures.

Here is my little frog prince.















He had a hard time walking in his costume without shoes on because it was just a tad too long but he was also having a hard time crawling in it, so, the result: one mad little froggy.
















Maggie wanted to get all prettied up so I let her put some curlers in her hair. I thought it might tame her wild curls but it didn't, she looked kinda cute in the curlers though.

Here is our fairy princess. One the left is her smile but on the right is her "fairy smile".

So, I am not one to brag but I am also not one to be crafty, so, since a friend from church taught me how to make a tutu and I decided to try to be crafty I am going to brag. I made Maggies costume, well not the leotard but the rest of it. It isn't perfect but I thought I did a pretty good job. It helps that Maggie is so cute and looks adorable in anything.



This was the only picture I got from behind of her wings. They were a pain to make since I insisted upon making them from the same green tulle that was in her tutu. But they worked out in the end.














I was too busy to think of and make costumes for Adam and I so we were losers this Halloween. Oh well. The kids had lots of fun trick-or-treating. Now we just have to decide what to do with all their candy cause that is way too much sugar for them. At the end of the night our little princess turned our little frog back into a prince so we could all go to bed.

7 comments:

Sammy said...

You are REALLY crafty! Maggie's costume looks great!
My friends get rid of their candy by asking the "halloween witch" to come and trade their bag of candy for a toy. Or if you're not into fantasty stuff they take 'em to Wal-Mart and say you can buy a toy with your bag of candy.
Too funny. Glad we don't have to worry yet!

Aleasha said...

Maggies costume is awesome!!! you are way crafty! Great job! OH and one of my friends went through all of the candy pulled the chocolate stuff-put it in the freezer, put the hard candy and suckers in their 72 hours kits and got rid of the rest. just an idea. Your kids look adorable!

Kris Edwards said...

What to do with the candy? Mom and Dad go through it, take out the chocolate and everything they like the best, save a little for the kids of the candy that won't ruin their teeth (Wait! Dad's a dentist--skip that step!) and save the rest to hand out next year!

eva said...

I'm glad you found me! I love your pictures! I think I would brag too if my tutu turned out well!! Maggie looks so cute and your frog prince is so handsome!

MM said...

I LOVE the tutu! It's better than any fairy princess costume you could find at the store! Cute, cute kids.

jed-laura said...

love the costumes.
That is what allison wanted to be, but I was not as brave as you, way to go, brag away, you deserve it!
-Laura

Brandis said...

Awesome job on the costume!! I love the hot pink w/green and I'm impressed at how nice & neat the tutu stayed. I made Ashtyn one for her b-day and it got all bunched up & yucky. I like Isaac's frog costume too.