Thursday, March 13, 2008

Snow Day!


It snowed!! I am posting this about a week after it happened, although it feels more like months seeing as it is supposed to be in the mid 80's tomorrow. But here that doesn't mean much since a day or two before it snowed it was in the mid 70's.


Maggie woke up around 7:30 and I jumped out of bed to take her outside and see if the snow was still there. Hence the sandles on her feet.



The snow was really icy but we managed to make a couple of small snowballs by scraping snow off of the mailbox and lightpole. Maggie had fun throwing them.


Isaac woke up so we bundled him up and Maggie a little more, although we were all still in our pj's, so that we could go back outside.


For some reason the snow on the other side of the driveway wasn't as icy so we were able to make a nice little snowman, key word being little. Maggie just watched as I made it and because there was so little snow I couldn't do anything with my gloves on and my hands were freezing just making this tiny snowman.


After about 5 or 10 minutes both my kiddos were getting pretty cold. They are going to have to do some serious adjusting when we move back to a cold weather place.

Once inside Isaac was rather happy in his winter clothes. I can never get him to smile when I pull out the camera but he just kept smiling away.

We brought Maggies snowman inside so that she could learn what happens to snow when it warms up. I thought that would make it easier for her to understand when all the snow outside was gone an hour or so later and it worked pretty well.

3 comments:

Aleasha said...

i cant believe how much it snowed there. crazy! how are you? your little boy is so darn cute and maggie is getting so big. i heard about the big ward change. which ward are you in now? do you like it? keep in touch!

Ben said...

I love the little snowman. And it's hard to be outside in the cold when you're not used to it! Even though we are, it's still to cold about half the winter to venture out anyway. We're in the 50s here and I think it's just great. That was a really good idea to let the snowman melt inside, a mini science project!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Hello! This is Adam's old FHE sister. (remember me?) I found your blog through Shuanie and Ben. Your kids are soooo adorable. You are inspirational to me that you are both still in school and have two little ones. Good job!