Sunday, July 6, 2008

Vacation

We got to go down to the beach last weekend for a few days. It was nice to get away. Someone recently told me that you take a trip when you have kids and a vacation when you don't, I couldn't agree. Although the beach and sand and wind and salt water isn't the greatest idea with a baby we all still had fun, most of the time.


Last year when we went to the beach Maggie was terrified of it. This year she loved it! Isaac loved it until he got salt water in his eyes although I think that was better then the sand in his eyes.


They had fun in the sand. I don't know how much Isaac ate though.
After we played at the beach we went to the pool. Maggie just kept going, Isaac on the other hand was ready for a nap.

Even Walmart was a fun adventure for Mag.

Did you know that ice buckets were so much fun?

Probably the best part was the down time where we actually just got to relax! Since we don't have a TV at home Maggie and Isaac liked watching the cartoons. Mommy and Daddy liked relaxing without feeling like we had a million other things to do. It was a good weekend.

5 comments:

Aleasha said...

the vacation looks awesome! so much fun. i cant believe how big the kiddos are getting. i am glad you guys had a great time

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

I *heart* the beach! That looked like SOOO much fun. I'm way jealous!! ;)

shaunie said...

fun stuff for you guys. My kids loved going to the beach at Bear Lake. Yesterday they kept talking about it. I think I might agree about the vacation/trip difference. Trips are fun with your kids, but are exhausting for me and the kids. Vacations with just Ben and I are reinvigorating, but I miss my kids and worry about them and wish they had come along. Take your pick!

Lynn Gurney said...

Wow! That looked like a lot of fun. Your kids are pretty cute. My favorite picture was of Isaac asleep under the chair. Second was seeing Adam with the kids on the bed. I also admire you for not having a TV. Erin and I were just discussing how much family time and time period we waste in front of the tube. It's great to be able to read you blog.

Di Cluff said...

Hey Mr Weave,
It appears that you are having a great time being a daddy, your kids are so cute. I applaude you for not having a TV, that wouldn't happen in our house, Chuck likes his TV.