Sunday, March 13, 2011

Thanks!

The last week or so has been a very interesting and busy time for us. Our branch president here passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack on 3rd of March. Our thoughts and prayers have been and will continue to be with his dear wife and his other family members. It was a blessing to know him and we're glad that we felt inspired to come here. I know I have learned from him, maybe not in the way that I would have expected to, but I did learn much from him.

The time since his passing has been a whirlwind of activity. It feels like a month or more has gone by. His wife is our relief society president and I'm her only counselor. Which meant that the relief society duties primarily fell to me. I have felt so blessed though as people have come out of the woodwork to assist me in my duties and to serve his widow. Because our branch here is so small we called on another nearby ward to help us prepare food for the dinner after the funeral and with other arraingements. It brings tears to my eyes when I think of how readily their services were offered. Truly I'm grateful for this gospel which units us all and teaches us to become like the Savior; to serve as he served and to love as he loved. I see His children, where ever I live, following His teachings. Thanks to all of you who read this, who at some time in your lives have reached out with a helping hand and followed the Savior's example.

1 comment:

eva said...

I miss you all. You're little branch is blessed to have you too.